Dr Xavier Tonnellier is a Research Fellow with expertise in Ultra Precision Engineering and Technologies. He previously worked on research projects including "High Speed Green Machining of Ceramics Space Components" (Boostec, France) and "High Speed Machining of Light Alloy Aerospace Components" (LTU/SAAB Aircraft, Sweden).
In 2004, he joined the Precision Engineering Institute at Cranfield University. His current research interests focus on:
- Large scale ultra precision surfaces technologies and process development
- Advanced optical fabrication for space and astronomy
- High precision grinding technology
- Robotic polishing technology
- Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) technologies - Solar tubes coating technology.